St. Mary Medical Center has been providing care to generations of families in Bucks County and nearby communities, offering advanced non-invasive treatments, adult and pediatric emergency services, inpatient medical and rehabilitation facilities, along with supportive health and wellness programs.
From 1973 to now, St. Mary medical center started through the ministry of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, and has been meeting all the needs of the Northwest Indiana community. Ancilla Domini sisters began their ministry in Lake County when they came to Mercy Hospital in Gary in 1913 and from then, the sisters have been continuing their service at St. Mary Medical Center and throughout Lake Country.
Different centers of excellence:
- St Mary heart and vascular center
St. Mary Medical Center has the region’s leading heart program and performs the most cardiovascular procedures in Bucks County. Our team of cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons from the nation’s top medical schools, specially trained nurses and registered technologists provide excellence in heart care for thousands of people every year.
- Regional cancer center:
Cancer patients benefit from the latest innovations in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship offered at St. Mary, including a state-of-the-art Breast Center for diagnosing and treating breast cancer. The cancer center’s multidisciplinary team designs comprehensive cancer care to meet each patient’s needs.
- Orthopaedic center:
The St. Mary Orthopedic Center offers the latest treatment methods and less-invasive surgical techniques performed by some of the area’s most accomplished bone and joint experts. Areas of excellence include total joint replacement program, sports medicine, hand, and upper extremity surgery, spine and neck surgery, trauma services, physical therapy, and pain management.
- Emergency department and Trauma center
St. Mary’s expanded their emergency services and implemented the best practice care model to shorten the length of time for patient visits. St. Mary has the first and only 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Care Center of its kind in Bucks County and partners with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia for pediatric physician coverage
Some of the hospital’s achievements include:
- A Surgical Pavilion worth $40 million and ICU expansion having two shelled-in floors for the patients.
- Acquisition of the True Beam system – a ground-breaking image-guided radiotherapy system that is part of our nationally-accredited cancer care program.
- Award-winning Joint Academy – Orthopedic surgery program boasting some of the best outcomes in the nation.
- Started a clinic (High-Risk Breast Clinic) for individualized treatment in women with elevated risk for breast cancer.
- Commitment to community outreach through partnerships with local YMCAs, the Brickie Clinic, and athletic training programs.
- Anticoagulation Clinic – management for patients taking medications to prevent or treat blood clots.
- 2017 “Best Maternity Care and Service in Palm Beach County” Kids Crown Award, South Florida Parenting Magazine
- 2017, 2016 “Best Place to Deliver Your Baby in Palm Beach County” Kids Crown Award, South Florida Parenting Magazine
- 2015 the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Community Partner of the Year
The evolution continues daily, as St. Mary medical center attracts top doctors, introduces cutting-edge technologies and implements advanced procedures to meet the healthcare needs of the people it serves, including the nearly 630,000 residents of Bucks County.