Do you have a missing tooth that needs replacing? If so, you might be confused whether to choose dentures or dental implants. However, dental implants are the ideal solution, and it has become a popular alternative to dentures and bridges. In this blog, you will find the pros and cons of dental implants and dentures which will help you to choose the better option.
What are dentures?
Dentures are a dental appliance or a set of teeth that replaces missing teeth as well as the gum tissue. Full dentures are used to replace all the teeth in the jawbone whereas partial dentures are used to fill in gaps when some of the natural teeth remain. Both partial and complete dentures are made up of metal and acrylic resin. It is a plastic material that is made to fit the exact shape of the mouth.
What are dental implants?
A teeth implant is a titanium screw that is surgically inserted into the jawbone which acts as a root of natural teeth. The titanium screw fuses with the jawbone, and it creates a strong foundation to hold a replacement tooth. The implant fixture can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, supporting crowns and dentures. The dental implants cost in Sydney is affordable, and they are a permanent solution for a missing tooth.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures:
- Dental implants preserve jawbone and maintain the facial structure whereas dentures reduce jawbone quality which leads to deterioration of the facial structure.
- Teeth implants feel and function like natural teeth whereas dentures look like a fake.
- Dental implants are stable and securely attached to jawbone whereas dentures often slip and move around.
- Dental implant help restore normal chewing capacity whereas a denture limits chewing capacity because you cannot eat hard foods.
- Dentures are less expensive but less effective when compared to teeth implants. The Dental implants Sydney prices are reasonable, and they are a long-lasting solution.
- Dental implants are permanent solution whereas dentures need to be remade over time.
- Maintaining dental implants are easy when compared to dentures. Dentures need to be regularly removed for cleaning.
Also check– Eastwood Family Dental
How durable are dental implants?
Dental implants are durable because they have a few factors in favour including how they are placed, materials used for making a prosthetic tooth, and how they age in your mouth. Let’s take a close look at these factors to understand how durable they are.
- The dentist will place the post into the jawbone which acts as the root of the crown. Since the jawbone is fused with the metal post, the replacement tooth is stronger than a natural tooth.
- Both post and abutment are made of titanium, and it is one of the most durable metals available. It is a medical grade screw, and it does not cause any infection or side effects.
- Unlike natural teeth, dental implants in Sydney will never decay.
These are the things that make dental implants in Sydney as one of the most reliable and permanent solutions for missing tooth when compared to dentures.
- March 26, 2019
- February 27, 2018
- April 17, 2017
- March 29, 2019