15 Questions You Need to Ask Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic operations worldwide. Although its routine in nature, it’s still essential to ensure that you’re finding the most qualified and experienced surgeon that will meet your needs. Prior to any cosmetic surgery, it is absolutely crucial that you ask a list of questions to make sure that the rhinoplasty surgery and the surgeon administering it, are both right for you.
Here is a list of questions you should ask your surgeon during your initial consultation.
- Am I suitable to have rhinoplasty surgery?
- Have you administered rhinoplasty before? If yes, how many times?
- How many rhinoplasties do you complete a day, a week, a month, a year?
- Where did you get educated, trained, licensed, and board certified?
- How long have you been practising medicine?
- What number of patients require revisions or future surgeries?
- What anaesthetic methods will be used?
- Are there risks involved with the anaesthetics?
- What risks should I be concerned about with the surgery?
- Where is the rhinoplasty administered?
- What results can I expect and when will I start to see them?
- What is the recovery time like?
- Is there a big difference between open and closed rhinoplasty?
- Do I need to follow a particular diet pre-op and/or post-op?
- Are there any hidden charges, like additional checkups, lab work or additional medications?
Many surgeons offer rhinoplasty, but these 15 questions will help you choose the right plastic surgeon by identifying three essential factors:
Asking questions about the surgeon and the number of rhinoplasty procedures he/she has administered will help you to determine the skill level of the surgeon. You want to work with a surgeon that specialises in rhinoplasty like Dr Evans who is a rhinoplasty specialist from Sydney; not one that handles a variety of cases including rhinoplasty.
You must find a qualified surgeon who will listen and develop a personalised surgical plan related to your needs. Reaching your ideal goal for your nose alteration is a collaborative effort between you and the surgeon. You want a surgeon who responds to your questions satisfactorily without leaving any doubt in your mind.
Schedule a consultation and ask all of the questions that come to mind. You’ll know when you find the perfect surgeon to administer your surgery because they will be willing to discuss your different options, explain the risks and remedies, and if something is not natural-looking, explain it to you accordingly.
The most important way to tell if a surgeon is as skilled and experienced as they claim to be is by examining their board certification. For a surgeon to get certified, it requires a long and complex process that demands the surgeon to meet specific examination and training qualifications. Though certification is voluntary, board-certification implies a dedication to lifelong learning and patient care, which makes certified surgeons the best in their field.